List of subjects
Initially, my list of subjects to study looks like this:
Block of topics
I grouped subjects by topic to highlight areas of study:
- Computer science, programming (C/C++, Python, R)
- Mathematics, statistics, data analysis (data science);
- Storytelling and script writing;
- Video editing Adobe Premiere Pro / After Effects / Blender;
- Drawing and design Adobe Photoshop, Sketchbook, Krita;
- Macroeconomics, marketing, new agricultural technologies, biology, genetics, cell.
There are only six main areas of development. Considering that every day I shoot a video, I need to allocate time to have time to make a script, shoot a video, edit it and post it. And also to learn new information in my subjects.
How do I study selected topics?
Computer Science, programming (C/C++, Python, R)
- Guide to Pointers and Arrays in C;
- Kernighan, Ritchie “The C Programming Language;
- K.N. King “C Programming – A Modern Approach”;
- “Digital circuitry and computer architecture”;
- Donald Knuth “The Art of Computer Programming”;
- M. Sipser – Theory of Computation;
- Dawson M. “Programming in Python”.;
- C++ on website https://www.learncpp.com/ and CppCon;
- Guide to R from WUR (from my documents);
- Leetcode exercise.
Mathematics, statistics, data analysis (data science)
- Mathematics for Computer Science;
- Books on Matstat and Theorem;
- Books on cybernetics and logic;
- Computer Computing Algorithms.
Storytelling and screenwriting
- Karl Iglesias “Writing for emotional impact”;
- Yury Lotman. Semiotics of Cinema and Problems of Film Aesthetics → notes;
- Chuck Palahniuk “Сonsider this”;
- William Indick “Psychology for Screenwriters”;
- Ray Bradbury, “Zen in the Art of Writing;
- Aristotle’s Poetics → notes;
- А. Mitta, “Cinema Between Heaven and Hell → notes;
- L.N. Nekhoroshev “Film Dramaturgy”;
- V.K. Turkin “The Dramaturgy of Cinema”;
- “How They Write and Sell Scripts in the U.S. for Video, Film, and Television”;
Video Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro / After Effects / Blender
- video guides on YouTube
Painting and Design in Adobe Photoshop, Sketchbook, Krita
- video guides on YouTube
Macroeconomics, marketing, new agricultural technologies, biology
- articles, databases
To avoid burnout and fatigue, and to make every new day inspiring and interesting, it is necessary to have a balance between study, work and rest. For this purpose I decided to write down my hobbies, but those that benefit me and not just waste time. If I don’t have such a list, then when I’m tired, I start doing chaotic things and getting stuck on my phone.
- taking up sports;
- playing the piano;
- making a cake or a new dish;
- sewing, knitting, making jewelry;
- to clean the house;
- walk, read.